Time has passed since I wrote about sowing the seeds for this year’s greenhouse.
The tomatoes were repotted on Apr 12, the chilies repotted on Apr 21.
The chilies haven’t sprouted well. Out of 60 seeds came only about 20 plants worth repotting – some of them being an actual disappointment (partly my own fault though – I don’t think I compressed the soil in the trays properly when sowing, so either the cells dried out, or I buried the seeds to deep.
Tomatoes were excellent, though. Most sprouted and
- Bloody Butcher: 11 seeds, kept 5 of 6
- Black Cherry: 10 seeds, kept 4 of 8
- Tangidel: 10 seeds, kept 4 of 8
- Rosadel: 10 seeds, kept 3 of 7
- Sungold: 5 seeds, kept 3 of 5
- Tumbler: 5 seeds, kept 3 of 5
- First in the FIelds: 5 seeds, kept 3 of 5
- Gardener’s Delight: kept 3 of 5
That is 28 plants and I only need 14, so plenty to give away to friends, family and colleagues.
Now the windowsill is full of plants. Only for few more days though – then I will move the tomatoes to their final spots in the greenhouse.